Explore. Connect. Restore.
The Heart-Connect Relationship Essentials Program helps couples get back on track, learn new relationship & communication skills and develop the necessary awareness to create long-term successful relationships.
Explore The Possibilities
This process is an exploration of yourself, your partner, your relationship and your life. Learning and growing requires that you try new things and reflect on new information. This exploration takes courage and commitment. It also requires an atmosphere of safety, trust and mutual respect. It’s my job to create a safe place for you and your partner in this process of discovery.
Connect With Your Heart
Many people believe that marriages fail due to factors such as dishonesty, affairs, conflict, etc. Not true. Most marriages fail due to inattentiveness, that is, the relationship is lost over time to other priorities – children, work, hobbies, house, etc. The couple connection or bond typically comes last and gets whatever energy and time is left over, which is usually not much.
Therefore, during this stage of the program, couples begin the process of re-connecting. Often this involves “clearing the air” and dealing with long standing unresolved issues and concerns.
Restore Your Relationship
In this stage couples learn and begin to integrate healthy relationship habits and rituals into their everyday lives. In essence they must learn to make their connection a long term priority.
What to Expect When Working with Sig
You begin by booking an Initial Consultation. This gives you a chance to meet me and decide if my services are right for you.
- Appointment is one hour in length.
- SPECIAL RATE of $150.00 + GST.
- To confirm and hold the initial consultation – provide a current credit card number.
- Except in emergencies, we ask that you provide at least 48 hours (2 business days) notice for canceling and/or rescheduling meetings. Otherwise you’ll be charged $45.00 for the missed appointment.
After the initial consultation Step 2 is a Comprehensive Assessment of your relationship which includes reviewing your personal and relationship history, strengths and current challenges. This assessment is done by each individual completing an Intake Questionnaire and Relationship Questionnaire and reviewing this information during three (3) one hour sessions.
At this point couples are typically in one of two places:
- Both partners are committed to the relationship and want to move forward.
- One or both of the partners is uncertain as to whether they want to remain in the relationship. In this situation I usually recommend that you consider making a commitment to exploring whether or not your relationship is viable, that is, committing to the process of discovery, rather than the outcome. By the end of the process most couples are in a much better place to make a decision about the future of the relationship.
If you decide to take this next step with Sig we will:
- Book three (3) one hour appointments – two (2) individual plus one (1) Couples meeting.
- You will each be asked to complete the Intake Questionnaire along with a Relationship Questionnaire (for married or not-married)
- You will also be provided with a Client Services Agreement which you will print off, both review and bring signed to your first appointment. This document answers many common questions about confidentiality, fees, and frequency of visits.
- The assessment fee is $630.00 & GST (regular rate $180.00/hr) for 3-1hr sessions and 30 minutes for the therapist’s feedback preparation.
You can make a commitment to the process of discovery with my help through the Heart-Connect program which is an 18-hour coaching and educational program designed to enhance self-knowledge, communication, conflict resolution and relationship skills. The program includes a minimum of 12 couple and/or individual coaching sessions, customized program (based upon your initial assessment), customized homework, email correspondence/feedback and reading assignments. Sessions are typically 1.5 hours but may vary depending on each couple’s specific situation.